As I was sitting in my ceramics studio last week, trying to make rose petals for my new art project, I realized that during the past few months just about everything in my life was up in the air. During the time from March until September, I had all of the below going on (in no particular order):
- Skin cancer (knock on wood, all clear)
- Heavy trauma to both knees after a huge fall down some stairs #clutzforlife
- Looking for a new job with frequent interviews, paperwork, forms, etc.
- Packing up an apartment I had lived in and loved for four years
- Shipping and selling items from said beloved apartment
- Putting my condo on the market (sold in July!!!)
- Ending of a significant relationship
- Moving countries
- Working full time and trying to tie up all loose ends
- Deciding where to live next
- Leaving Istanbul (forever a part of my heart)
- Renting a storage unit and moving my things into said unit
- Moving to Dubai
- Starting a new job
And there I was in a studio in Dubai, after having left much of that behind me, finding myself in unknown territory. Without the financial burden and responsibility of owning a place and with the ability to redefine who I am after leaving Istanbul, there is more than a little freedom in this situation. And I sit here and write this, I have ideas about what I want to do, who I want to be, and where I want to go but nothing definite.
If I am being honest, I find this rather daunting but also quite inspiring at the same time. How will I use this opportunity and what will I make of it? … not quite sure yet but hopefully it will be full of love, creativity, inspiration, health, fun, family, friends, cash, naps, and a dog. Here’s to hope and a little bit of luck!