Have you ever just had a piece of delicious chocolate cake and all you want to do is share it with the people you love? You can’t help but close your eyes because it just tastes so good? That’s Istanbul to me. I want everyone I know and love to experience this lovely city.
As a result, I am going to offer some travel tips that a friend and I developed last year to help you along the way:
- Always bring a bottle of water on the plane
- Bring a couple of snacks… you never know what is being served or when
- A bit of chocolate is a must
- Have a central, safe location for all of your paperwork and documents – digging around is a no-no
- Hand sanitizer, tissues, lip balm, and face lotion… priceless
- Hoodies and sweats… no. Not allowed. For women, invest in a good pair of yoga pants and a light sweater – preferably in a neutral color. For men, nice jeans and a light jacket as well.
- Always carry a pen
- Keep your headphones close by and your electronics charged (again, central location…) and have a place in your overhead dedicated for the chargers with the correct adapters – again, digging around is a no-no
- Girls, bring a simple pashmina – stylish and warm
- Keep carry-on items to a minimum
- Just understand it’s going to be uncomfortable at times and stressful. On the bright side, I will pick you up at the airport!
Hope these tips help and inspire wherever your travels take you.